Inspire Elementary School held its first STEM Fair on March 21 that featured dozens of intriguing projects.
Over a dozen central office personnel, including Superintendent Alex Marrero and Chief of Schools Cesar Cedillo, judged the over 150 student submissions. Projects ranged from the best method to solve a Rubik’s cube, to tooth decay, liquid viscosity, why airplanes fly and more! STEM stands for science, technology, engineering and math.
It was an extremely exciting and competitive event that sent the top 3 winners and honorable mentions from each grade level to the DPS Science Expo slated for April 29.
The winners from each grade were:
- 1stPlace: Wyatt Solesbee
- 2ndPlace: Ava Bradley
- 3rdPlace: Adelaide Tinklenberg
- Honorable Mention: Andto Tokyo
- Honorable Mention: Taylor Touma
- 1stPlace: Haddee Duerson
- 2ndPlace: Isabella Fernandez
- 3rdPlace: Everett Muther
- Honorable Mention: Luca Hamberger
- Honorable Mention: Kinsley Strickman
- 1stPlace: William Tevis
- 2ndPlace: Tasman Davidson
- 3rdPlace: Harper Bishop
- Honorable Mention: Abel Pineda-Benavides
- Honorable Mention: Naomi Nguyen